Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adopting again...




Call us suckers for punishment, but we've decided to adopt from Irkutsk, Russia again! The boys are adjusting so well, we figure we might as well add another little guy ( or guys) to our family!

Call us crazy
Call us naive
Call us whatever you'd like
- or -
I suppose you can
call yourself "April fooled".

Okay, now that you've picked yourself up off the floor, on a truly serious note, I should point out that I will FOREVER hold a special place in my heart, for the children in Angarsk, Irkstuk, who wait for families that sadly, may never come. I would love to adopt another child into our family, but, as I had mentioned here before, Mike and I have spent more than 2/3 of our married life pursuing an adoption, so we'll just call it quits and thank God for the gifts he has given us.

7 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Oooooooooh my gosh!!!

You got me!!!

Yes, thank God for the precious boys that you guys have.


Funny you mention returning to Irkutsk though, Darren and I would LOVE at some point to return to Irkutsk to adopt a little girl... this may be 10 years down the road, but I'd love my adopted children to have that common thread. We'll see, let's just get V home first.

Praying for Harry and you all!

Nicolle

Ok, You had me at first! haha.

I was watching something the other day and saw a bunch of little orphaned children in Ethiopia and it just tugged at my heart. Before we got pregnant with Boyd, we talked about adoption. I'm thinking I might sit down and talk with Kevin about it again.

Veronica Lee

You got me! But seriously, I wasn't surprised if you were. You are such a big-hearted person.

InventingLiz

Good one - I believed you!

Hodges Five

YOU GOT ME!! I called Clay and read it to him and YOU GOT HIM TOO!

We too would love to adopt from Irkutsk again one day too, but I don't see that in the plans.

Debbie

You got me too - I thought you weren't over the jet lag as well as you had thought you were! :)

Good one!

Anonymous

Your brother knows you soooo well. I saw the post title and screamed "No Way" and told him what it said.

He calmly replied...it's April fools day.