Tuesday, March 31, 2009

If you were over at Harry's blog

you've read that he has tested positive for Hepatitis C during his initial round of blood work at the Pediatrician's Office. Having 24 hours to research, digest, and mentally adjust, I have come to the conclusion I am even more grateful to God that he has brought Harry home to us now. Of course there is a 10% chance the test was a false positive, in which case, it's all a moot point, but, if it wasn't then we'll deal with it.

In Dec. 2008, the FDA approved a new treatment for children over the age o f 3. While we don't yet know what genotype we're talking about, in clinical trials on children with HCV type 1 or 4, 55% achieved sustained HCV clearance, compared with 36% of those taking the older Intron A. The sustained response rate was reached by 96% of children with easier-to-treat types 2 & 3.

In Russia it likely would have gone unnoticed, and who knows how his health might be affected!

We have an appointment in Boston for Wednesday the 12th, so hopefully shortly thereafter, we'll know where we're going here.

For today, I'm just thankful to God for bringing our son home to us! One way or another, this family will come through this...we always do, with HIS help!

7 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Veronica Lee

I'll keep Harry in my prayers.

Melanie

Judy, Tatiana was diagnosed in Russia with Hep B and Hep C. She was treated with a number of rounds of interferon...we knew this when we adopted her. Here's the interesting thing...once she was home and the pediatrician tested her we discovered she had never had Hepatitis. We are guessing that they actually detected her mothers antibodies. I know this doesn't help with Harry...I just think it's interesting that two children from the same orphanage had opposite experiences with a diagnosis of Hepatitis.

I will add prayers for healing and health to my prayers for Harry.
Melanie

J.

Melanie,
Thanks for the information. Perhaps all pieces of a big puzzle, who knows? I was over at your site, and cannot believe how tall Tatiana is!

Lisa

We'll continuing praying. And I totally agree, how amazing is God's timing in bringing Harry home!?! Praise the Lord he is here in the US and can receive treatment if that is what he in fact needs.

Anonymous

Oh my goodness. I have got to get my blog cleaned up with the correct blogs I'm following etc etc so I don't miss things like this.

We're praying over here for you guys.

Hodges Five

Keep us posted!

Lisa

Okay, so I wanted to check back, cause I thought I remembered seeing the 12th as the day that Harry went back to the Dr. Then I thought it was Wednesday. Now I'm confused. The 12th was Easter, Wednesday is the 15th and May 12th is a Tuesday... Or is it just way too late and I need to be in bed and not up checking blogs???

Anyways, just wanted to double check the date to make sure we are praying for you all on that day!