Friday, April 3, 2009

Lunch dates & another first

Devin travels a bunch for work, but when she's not on the road, she splits her time between two offices, one outside Boston, and one that's only about 10 minutes from our house. Today we finally got the chance to go have lunch with her and check where she works. We went early - before the noon rush began -just in case - so as not to risk disturbing lunch for a few hundred people!

The kids felt very grown up wearing official visitor badges, and enjoyed seeing their sister. Skip was happiest because on fridaysthey serve chowder (excellent I might add!) which is his favorite. Harry opted for a hot dog and fries and was a little nervous when two hot dogs showed up on his plate along with a HEAP of fries. I guess that's how it comes - two dogs and fries, but he figured he would have to eat the huge pile of food. He was relieved when we told him he only had to eat half. We gave the other to Skip but he was full with the chowder.

When we were done, she asked them what they wanted for dessert, and she'd go buy it for them. Skip, predictably wanted something chocolate (he got a chocolate pudding parfait) and just as predictably, Harry chose........a banana! I must say once Skip was full, Harry decided he'd eat the rest and started to eat the half that Skip didn't. He didn't make it to the end, but he tried hard! After lunch we went up to see her office, and I was very proud of both of them as they were both VERY QUIET as we asked them to be. It's a pretty busy place with lots of offices/desks/cubicles, so I had explained to them that they must use their "restaurant" voice so we didn't disturb her co-workers. Both boys were not only quiet, but very well behaved. A mother's dream!

Figuring we were in good shape I decided to take them straight from there to get haircuts. Harry's first "real" haircut. Mike has been trying to bring them but has been so busy with work, I figured I'd just take them and save him the Saturday morning trip. Pictures of the adventure will be on Harry's blog shortly. Let's just say Harry wasn't thrilled - but eventually came around. By the time the lollipop reward entered the picture, he was smilin ear to ear....

1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

What a fun day!