"that's much better"
is one of Harry's favorite things to say lately, but I gotta agree with him today. Temperatures in the 80's FINALLY! Having spent way too much time in Russia over the winter where it was often -40, I am so ready for the sun. Mike was out in the garden, rototilling and expanding so we can grow lots of potatoes this year, and while I briefly considered doing the same I decided I needed a day off and set my sights on the deck. Yep, a book, a chair, some bottled water, and I was good. Even the dog couldn't get enough sunshine and was happy to just bask in its warmth.
For Skip & Mandie it was rediscovery - of all the summer toys and activities that had been tucked away since last fall. For Harry, it was simply, a day of discovery. The joy on his face said it all. At one point he ran up the hill declaring "Harry like this. Harry have fun outside". He was beaming. Partly because his little mind & body were coming to the realization that life as he had known it for the first 4.5 years was gone forever and partly because, well, I needed to apply sunscreen and he was beginning to turn red.
And so after the sunscreen I watched him run, jump, yell, splash, slide, swing, and sing the remainder of the afternoon away. When he fell asleep not one minute after climbing into bed this evening, I knew two things for certain; Harry was exhausted, and his life at long last, is all good.
"It's all good"



7 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
"it's all good"
Yes, yes it is, and I'm so thankful he's home!
Maybe this time next year we can make the trip up to see you guys and V can declare that his life is now "all good" as well. I'd love that! =)
Such a happy family!!
What a glorious day!
sounds like it all was great! envy your weather!!
Beautiful pictures and beautiful weather it looks like. I would definitely say his life is good!!!
What wonderful pictures...looks like a picture perfect day, for a picture perfect family!!!
Hi again! Grab the aw-summ award from my blog.
Post a Comment