Wrong, very wrong.
I'm one of those people who must have sedation dentistry.Yes it's true - I am a dental wimp. I can give blood, get shots, heck have a kid naturally, but talk dentist and I break out in a cold sweat. And so we are regulars at the Dentist for wimps the terrified. This morning I had my first (and hopefully last ) root canal. In order to even consider going, they have to give me a mild sedative which I tool last night, then something else which I tool an hour before the visit. When I am dragged into the office kicking and screaming arrive for the appointment I get something again. Then the nitrous. And when I safely in la-la-live is lovely land, they numb the area, shoot me up with Novacaine, and to at it. Even though the stuff is just supposed to relax me, I always fall asleep. WORKS FOR ME! Of course then I always need a ride home cuz I'm so loopy. Today it ws Levi who had the day off and was watching the boys & Mandie for me. They said I did great - and as a reward gave me this:

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Hello fellow dental wimp! ;)
I am right there with you. I (no joke) close my eyes as soon as the dentist walks in the room. That way I see no tools. They have to use the kiddie tools on me, and until the dentist got used to me would constantly stop in the middle of drilling to ask if I was okay because of the faces I would make...
I can totally relate, sister!
I can't recall the last time I visited a dentist!!
ANYTHING dentist bothers me!
This cracks me up!
Post a Comment