My son's got a fat lip
But now, he didn't get socked in the mouth.....I think he gave it to himself, but it's hard to say.
Skip went to the Dentist yesterday and had oral sedation so they could start in on the rest of his four cavities. He did great, and they were able to do both of the ones on the left side. He was REALLY relaxed, to the point I had to carry him to the car for fear he'd fall and crack his head open!
When I got him home he said he wanted to rest for awhile and went into the den. He never did sleep, but ended up putting the tv on and stayed resting for an hour and a half. When he got up, his lip was HUGE. I asked him if he'd been biting it (both the dentist & the assistant reminded him not to, but ya know...) and he said "just a little". Either he had a bad reaction to the novacaine or he was biting it more than he realized. Funny thing is I checked on him a few times and it didn't seem swollen! Musta just ballooned up all of a sudden. So we spent the rest of the day icing it, giving him advil and trying to keep him from biting it any more. Poor kid. He's taking it like a trooper though -not complaining, and anxious to be up and around again. The picture above was taken AFTER some of the swelling went down. Let's hope it doesn't bother him tonite - mommy really needs her beauty sleep!

5 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Loved the picture you drew for V Skip, thank you! Hope your lip feels better soon!
Oh my gosh. Poor kid. That is REALLY swollen!
I will hope that you get some beauty sleep tonight! :)
Wow! Now that's a fat lip!!!
Oh poor Skip! But it sounds like you handled your dentist visit better than JJ and he's 9! :) That is a HUGE lip tho! That picture will be fun to look at...in a few years!
Hey! Just checking on Skip's lip. How's he doing today?
Post a Comment