Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a difference a year makes...

One year ago today, Skip & I gave Mike a mug for Father's Day. What made the mug so special was the fact that our friend Irina had gone to visit Harry in the Baby Home and took a photo of him holding up a sign that said Happy Father's Day Poppa and I used that photo on the mug:

Today the story is very different. Today, one year, I again gave Mike the same mug. This year however, the mug was full of hot coffee, and was served to him in bed as Harry happily gave his Poppa his very first hand-made Father's Day card, along with gifts from all of us:



Followed by Harry, was Skip, with a hand-made card and one more gift:

A pair of binoculars to replace the ones he gave him 4 years ago. They are a REALLY nice pair, and he uses them all the time on the boat, but last weekend sat on 'em - and broke 'em!
Happy Father's Day to the world's best husband and Father!

To the families - especially the fathers - who continue to wait for their children to come home from Russia, I hope this post gives you a little hope - hope that next year, with His help, ANYTHING is possible!

6 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that little face on the mug is home this year celebrating his daddy!!! Happy Father's day Mike!!!

Nicolle

Very sweet post! I'm so happy that you have your family all together!

Veronica Lee

I can't never get enough of looking at the pics of your beautiful family.

Anonymous

God is good.

Debbie

Sounds like a great Father's Day!

Hodges Five

Very different from last year...PRAISE GOD!