Monday, June 8, 2009

A lower key day 3 in Kiddieville - Part 1

Air hockey on the deck...
...while Reia & Harry play with the dollhouse.
Cannon shows Grammie all the birds feasting on the seeds in the front feeders....
Sabaka trying to give a gigglin' Harry kisses...
All is good for Cannon, who has his big brother to snuggle with!

After a restful night sleep for all the little ones, they woke up to a Monday where the sun couldn't decide if it wanted to be in or out, so we decided to just hang low for the morning. Harry & Reia enjoyed the dollhouse for quite awhile, while Skip & Kai played Wii for a bit, then went outside to play air hockey on the deck.  Cannon was happy to sit in the window and watch the birds in the many feeders we have out front. By then, the sun appeared to be out to stay - at least for awhile - so all the kids headed out to the trampoline while Gram & I got Cannon (have I mentioned how good this baby is??) settled down for a nap. By late morning I actually had the house vacummed, laundry done, the kids fed & dressed and chores done, and Cannon napping. I'm getting the knack of this I guess!  Pleased with myself, I sat for a second cup of coffee, and worked on my posts! 

At noon time the kids were "starving" and all sat out on the deck for lunch. Mac 'n Cheese - something they ALL like, and cookies for dessert.  They were back outside shortly thereafter, and while we cleaned up (and Cannon continued to nap) we discussed plans for the afternoon. Levi has the day off and agreed to take Kai & Skip to the Go-Karts, and I figured I'd occupy Harry & Reia with the brand new assortment of Sidewalk chalk & paints while they're gone. 

 We've got a plan - lets see how well it plays out! Stay tuned for Part 2

2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Awesome!

Anonymous

Go carts!? I wanna go!
So glad Cannon is being good. When he's not sick, he really is the best baby...seems like he's sick about half the time though.

Skyping you in 9 minutes.