Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Short but sweet...

We had a short weekend on the boat since we had Grams birthday dinner Friday nite, and wanted to hang around to see our visitors leave on Saturday, but it was a great none-the-less. The weather was perfect, with an on-shore breeze, making for a great opportunity for the boys to try out the inflatable toys they got at Easter time. They had a blast. And then later on we FINALLY had the opportunity to have a fire on the beach, AND got to use the sha-shleek grill Irina gave us as a gift at Harry's Adoption Celebration dinner. Although I never did get the recipe from her for the marinade she used, the sirloin tips I marinated in a homemade recipe of my own turned out to be SO good. After we ate our meal we got a fire going in the pit on the beach and cooked s'mores - which too were great! By the time we got back to the boat it was was way past the boys bedtime, but SO worth it!


Hmmm, What kinda mischief can I cause now?

Wading through the creek at mid-tide
Okay, so maybe playing with the pail & shovel isn't little kid stuff after all

Looking forward to the fun ahead...

Riding a crocodile..
Spotted a horseshoe crab so of course he had to stop and watch it!
At the mouth of the creek where their ride ends...til they
walk back up along the shore and hop in again
Mmm mm Mmmm mmm Mmm
Good to the last drop...

\
I'd say "cheese" but my mouth is just a little full
Looking very unladylilke as I straddle the bowl that was protecting the
chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers from the sand!
Havin' a man-to-man-to-man, while waiting for our dinner to cook!
Time for another marshmallow...

3 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

The pictures were all great. I thought the inflatable animals were just adorable. As the mouth full of s'mores. Hmm... I could go for a s'more right about now.

Nicolle

I always love all of your water pictures!

Debbie

dinner was looking great!