Surprise!
So anybody who knows me is fully aware that I'm not huge into jewelry. If there's an occasion that calls for a gift - it's pretty unlikely that I'm hoping for a new pearl necklace, jade ring, or anything that'll hang from my neck on can worn on my fingers. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate a nice necklace or bracelet but I'm happy with my very small collection of pieces.
And so, imagine my utter surprise when at dinner last night, for no apparent reason, holiday or occasion, my husband reached into his mouth and pulled this baby out:
Okay, now anybody know what it is?
Keep guessing.
Okay, I'll fill you in - it's a Quahog pearl! A rare find! It's about the size of a pea and just slightly oval shaped. Now initially I thought it was a nice "souvenier" but then did some poking around on the computer and I've learned it COULD be worth some money. Read for yourself!

8 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Okay so did he purposely put the thing in his mouth in order to surprise you with it, or did he bite into a Quahog and randomly discover it?
Interesting.
I am not a jewelry person either. Yet another thing we have in common.
It just happened that as I was sitting down at the table to join him, he bit into this one...I'm not holding my breath, but wouldn't it be crazy if it were worth something???????
Wow, yes. That would be something all right! Kinda cool if you ask me.
Wow! Amazing!! Okay, girls...I AM a jewerly girl!! So what are you going to do with it? You HAVE to have it made into something BEAUTIFUL!!!
BTW...we leave for the beach in the morning...Wish I could find a pearl! lol
Your brother is truely impressed and wanting to know what it's worth.
Tell him I have no idea, but we're lucky it was Mike that bit into it. I tend to just spit out really quick when that happens, and likely wouldn't even have bothered to look at it!
That is awesome. I can't wait to hear if it's worth something. I bet it is. Very cool!
Post a Comment