Day 3 in Kiddieville - The conclusion...
Well my plans for the two older kids to go to the Go-Karts didn't work out exactly as planned, but the back-up plan worked just as well. Seems the Go-Kart place doesn't open til evenings, so instead, they went bowling. They seemed to enjoy that just as much, so it worked out in the end. While they were gone Harry napped (he was getting VERY cranky), and Reia & I took Cannon outside on the swings and trampoline. We thought it would tire him out. We were wrong :) Reia then rested while watching Disney for a bit - then did some arts and crafts. Once Harry was up, we went out and brightened up the driveway with chalk & paints. Grammie pushed Cannon up and down the road in his stroller, and returned looking more tired than Cannon! We stayed outside until the two older boys returned home, at which time they all went outside to play hide-and-seek and I took the baby inside. Cannon went down for his afternoon nap, and the kids went in different directions - all doing something different...Kai & Skip went out into the front yard to race Skip's remote control cars, Harry staying inside playing with his trucks, and Reia played with some magnetic paper dolls. Since it turned out to be such a nice day, and Mike was running late, I fed the kids earlier so that they could go in the hot tub while we ate our dinner on the deck when he did get home. It worked out well, and they managed to play for almost 1/2 hour before we needed to get them out to Skype with K, C & C's mommy and daddy. After about 15 minutes the connection started to go haywire so we let them get back to Paradise and we let the kids go back in the hot tub for another 15 minutes. Once out, they showered and played around a bit until it was time to start bedtime routines.. I just got done getting Harry settled .and then Reia is next on my list. I'm pretty hopeful that Mike & I will even be awake after the last child falls asleep. Now THAT is Progress!
Hot tubbin'
Swingin' in the back yard...
When Kai was about Harry's age they lived locally and each time they visited he HAD to climb the Red Maple in the front yard. He hasn't outgrown it. Click on the picture to enlarge and you'll see him sitting near the top!
Playing in the front yard...
Reia & Cannon enjoying the swings
Cannon LOVED the trampoline!
One of the hummingbirds Cannon likes to watch outside the front window

7 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Sounds like it turned out fantastic! In fact, I'm a bit jealous of the kiddies tonight... I could so use a hot tub to relax and unwind after a 10 day long IL visit. ;)
Those are all so great. Kind of makes me wish I was up there playing with all of you! :) I can imagine that those 3 are going to talk about their vacation for a long time. I'm sure your 2 guys will too!
OK, now we need to buy a hot tub and a trampoline??
After this trip, we can't afford it. We'll just have to come visit yours more often.
So are you ready to add more little ones to your family now?
These are such beautiful pics.
It sounds like you are having a fantastic time. The weather looks wonderful and it is so nice to have all the cousins together. What is the age range of all the ones you have right now? Makes you want more...right?! :) Enjoy your time with them!
Wow...5 kiddos!! It's so great that they've had such a good time playing together! Have fun!
Post a Comment