For the love of mud...
Late this afternoon, after 24 hours of drenching rain and despite the local forcast that said it was gonna rain through the entire weekend, the sun poked out and then shortly thereafter we were lookin' at a pretty nice pre-summer afternoon here in Masssachusetts. Temps were in the mid 70's and it was beautiful! The boys immediately headed outside to the sandbox where I could hear them (from the kitchen where I was getting dinner ready) playing for more than an hour. I decided to go out and see what they were up, and tell them how proud I was that they were being so good. And this is what I found:
Yep, calf deep in mud. Seems the huge amount of water that accumulated on top of the sandbox cover was just way too appealing. And so, they made mud with it. Lots of mud. These two brothers had an absolute blast doing what little boys love to do - playing with mud!
I have only two teeny tiny issues with this. First, the patch of yard they chose for their mud pit was right smack in the middle of an area where Mike recently tilled and reseeded. And two, the dog now needs another bath:
Ah, the grass will grow eventually - and the dog, well, there's no getting around THAT one!

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Love it!!! It just blesses me so much to see those boys playing together and enjoying one another! =)
Looks like you had a big mess on your hands! But, the boys definitely had a great time playing in the mud. I'm jealous of your cool weather too!
Mud cleans off :)
Nothing is more fun!!!
Post a Comment