Thursday, July 21, 2011

A must read for weary parents!

**** I came across this post on a website called, 936 Weeks: Raising Sons to Become Godly Men**** 
***Since we've been having a rough couple of weeks with youngest child, the timing was perfect.***
***Just HAD to share!***
__________________________________________________________________________________

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument 


Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.


 Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. 

Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at 936 Weeks


  







Boy Riding ON Car


NOTE: This works with grandchildren, nieces, and nephews as well.  



__________________________________________________________________________________


Yep, sometimes a little comic relief is what you need to get through the rough spots and this was just the encouragement I needed today!

5 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Kimberly

HAHAHHAHAHA! That's hysterical!

J.

Isn't it? I was laughing SO hard when I finally scrolled down and saw the picture!

Veronica Lee

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Graintad

I so needed that... thank you!
I copied it for myself as a reminder.

J.

You are quite welcome!