Friday, July 15, 2011

In case you were wondering...

Yesterday, I:


  • Decided since it was only 62 degrees mid-morning, it would be the perfect time to make some homemade minestrone soup. Chopped all the veggies, fried the ground turkey & onion, threw the veggies in, added some spices and then let it simmer for a few hours.  By the time it was ready to eat it, it was 82 degrees and we needed to put the a/c back on just to cool off long enough to enjoy it. Well that one backfired.
  • Cleaned out my magazine pile. Long overdue. It went from bulging at the seams to small and streamlined in 10 minutes. Diets should be so quick and easy.
  • Made killer pancakes for breakfast. Jumbo, near-perfect round pancakes. Fat ones  - the way I like them. My husband prefers the really thin ones, but didn't seem to mind. He's good like that.
  • Took the boys with me to walk the dog after dinner. Along the way the boys spotted three rabbits. They pointed out 4 sewer drains and stopped to throw pebbles in each. They spotted 2 "Beware of Dog" signs and wondered why people would warn others that they had a dog.  Harry found pine cones along the way and picked each one up. He arrived home with 17 of them. He says they are for our Christmas centerpiece. In the interim, he was convinced to put them in the garden for "safe keeping".
  • Talked myself out of doing laundry. Me, who does at least 2 loads, 6 days a week. Sounded like a good plan at the time, but tomorrow I"ll be wondering what I was thinking. Or not thinking.
  • Did preliminary packing for the boat weekend, and listed what I still need to pack. If I can remember to check the list before we leave, we'll have everything we need. If not, we'll wing it.
  • Uploaded 4 more photo albums to Shutterfly. That's a total of 11 for the month. Only have about 60 more to upload and I'll be caught up.
  • Spent a few hours looking around the house for a parenting book I bought last year called Raising Godly Tomatoes. I never found the book, but I'm $1.43 richer, found a grey sock of Harry's that's been missing longer than the book and located the missing Walton's DVD.  Still wish I had found the book.
  • Thought about getting a haircut. That's as far as it got - thinking about it.
  • Called a credit card company to ask them to remove my daughter's name as an authorized user. It was a card we gave here while in college "just in case". It hadn't been used in about 5 years, so I suppose it was about time we took care of it. While on the phone with them I even managed to get them to lower my interest rate.  *Bonus*. 
  • Wrote this and scheduled it to post exactly when it did...

3 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Nicolle

Oh gosh, I will never be caught up on uploading photos. My online photos are such a mess right now. My only saving grace is that Kevin backs them up every couple of weeks.

I wanted to faint when you mentioned your cool weather. No fair. :)

J.

Record cold last nite 57 degrees, but it's temporary - 90's weekend ahaad.

LeanneK

I love fat pancakes, too.

And I was meaning to let you know- I made a beach-themed "centerpede." Isn't that what Harry calls it?