Monday, July 11, 2011

Low key

After a long weekend July 4th, when we didn't return home til Tuesday night, as last weekend approached, we knew it would be low-key. Forecast for Friday nite was for thunderstorms we hung on the mooring overnight. It was a good choice since we had significant rain and thunder through the night, as well as a few bolts of lightening. I actually got to catch the sunrise on Saturday, and it was AWESOME!  5:30 is way too early for me though, so I did manage to steal another few hours of sleep before waking up to bright sunshine around 8.

After breakfast we headed to the Cove and once we anchored, Mike took the boys to the creek and did some shellfishing. I thought they'd be gone for an hour or so, and opted to stay aboard and straighten out. They were gone ALL morning! I had a whole morning! Did some Bible reading, watched a Waltons episode on the portable DVD, and killed flies. Yes, it's fly season in the Cove. Happens every year around this time. A few weekends where they are EVERYWHERE. And then, as quickly as they appeared, they disappear.

Since high tide on the beach was around 1:30, we stayed aboard the boat all afternoon. We read, played a few board games, and swam. We feasted on shellfish for dinner, again, watched the sunset, had family devotions, and then thankfully, the boys tired early and both we asleep before 9. Mike and I played some cards before calling it a night. Our view of the star filled night sky though the overhead hatch was amazing.

Sunday was more of the same. Mike and the boys finished getting our weekly allowance of shellfish while I did more bible reading, then did a little sunbathing on the bow. A light breeze made it near perfect.  Squash/potato/carrot/pepper/pork stir fry for lunch, some swimming, some reading in the dinghy while the kids jumped off the rear deck,  and then a return to the mooring.  Only when we started packing up and getting ready to go back ashore and head for evening church services did I realize I hadn't taken one single picture all weekend. For me, that's rare. If I go a whole weekend, it IS low-key!


As it turns out, while I was in the dinghy with Sabaka, Mike snapped a picture of ME...yet another rarity...

0 much apprecitated comments from readers!: