Thursday, April 22, 2010

"They REE-lee listened!"

Today our homeschool group took a trip to the local library where they met Brenda and Greg Stone's 2 adorable therapy dogs. They had lots of fun learning about taking care of family pets, pet etiquette and how dogs communicate. It was a great presentation and both the kids and the adults were entertained by these two lovable cockapoos.  After one  particular trick where the dogs were left on one side of the room and came only when called using the American Sign Languague sign for "come", Harry was so impressed that came running over shouting, "Mommy, they REE-lee listented".

The kids all got to take turns giving commands to the dog as they ran through play tunnels, and learned how it is important to always ask a dog owner "May I please pet your dog" BEFORE attempting to touch the animal.  Later we went inside the library and founds some books to check out, then headed over to the Church for our regular group where the kids rode bikes & scooters, did a sandart craft, ate popcorn & fudgsicles and played in the gym.

When we got home the boys were showing no sign of fatigue as I fought off the urge to sleep as I got dinner ready and finished putting laundry away.  How I wish I could have 1/2 their energy!

0 much apprecitated comments from readers!: