Soccer, bird feeders, sick kids & a narky mom.
Skip also showed ALOT of improvement from the first practice. I think the fact that he didn't get whacked in the face with the ball this time in 30 degree weather had something to do with his renewed enthusiasm. During game time he got alot more aggressive and actually had a great shot on the net but just missed a goal. Having gained his confidence back, he definitely enjoyed playing so much more, and it was fun to watch him learn and progress. I really can't say enough about the staff! They focus on skills and make it alot of fun for the kids to learn!
During our walk home after Skip's session, Harry began to complain of a headache. Since it was very sunny and bright all morning, I thought maybe he had had TOO much sun. When he said he didn't want to play outside with Skip, I knew he was sick. He also starting with a stuffy nose so I gave him a decongestant and kept an eye on him. Off and on he complained about his head and really wasn't himself.
After Harry's bath later that nite, I noticed he couldnt' stop shivering and he then began to complain legs hurt. He had no fever but I knew something was up. When I checked on him during the nite he was very, very warm. His temp was 100F by morning, and so while Skip & Mike went to Bible Class & Church Services, I stayed home with Harry. Motrin & decongestant seemed to help, and the fact that he was content to just sit on the recliner and watch cartoons made it clear he wasn't well.
Skip returned from church saying he was nauseated, and then passed on lunch. He too veged out on the couch and when I checked his temp, he too had a 100F fever. They rested the rest of the day, alternating cartoons, books, & naps(self-imposed). By nite time both boys seemed a little better but not themselves.
By this morning, Harry had no fever, and Skip just a slight fever so I declared it "back to school" time. After a week off I knew it wouldn't be fun, and it wasn't.
In fact it was horrible. Harry complained about EVERYTHING I asked him to do, and Skip was just out of it. I should have given up long before I did, but I didn't. We did call it quits early and I chalked it up to the fact they weren't feeling 100%. The school struggle left ALL of us exhausted and I had no motivation to do anything. I did manage to get my normal daily stuff done, and put dinner on the table, but other than that, there was little happenin' round here. We're hoping a good nite's sleep will improve all our outlooks and we'll be back on track as we finish up our school year.

1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
"back on track as we finish the school year"... Me too!!!!
Post a Comment