Friday, April 23, 2010

Frugal Friday - Microwave Popcorn



Being married to a popcornaholic, I was thrilled to find out you could make a DIY microwave popcorn for a fraction of the cost:

1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
brown lunch bag
*tsp. oil* (optional)

Put the kernels in the bag, (shake if you are using oil - I don't)fold over a few times and place it standing up in into the microwave for 2-3 minutes, depending on your microwave. Until you figure out how long it will take, just stay with the popcorn so it doesn't burn. After a few times you'll figure out how long it will take.
Pour into a bowl and salt and you have a delicious frugal snack!

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Oh I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO doing this from now on!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥

Thanks for the tip on making your own microwave popcorn! That is amazing!

Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. I really appreciate it. I came back and read more of your blog and I was so blessed to read how you came to be the parents of Harry and Skip. What an amazing story!

I can't wait to read more and I will definitely be back to do so.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed weekend! Take care!

Teresa <><

Jeremiah 29:11

BTW, I saw where you said you were now 'following' my blog but I can't find where you are. I don't see your picture or name up there. What name do you use?

Alissabeth

Great idea!

Following you back from FF!

Nicolle

wow! I had NO idea you could do this. I am doing this from now on as well. I can't wait to try it!