Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maybe I don't give myself enough credit.

Ever feel like you've run around chasing your tail all day and have nothing to show for it? Well I don't know about you but I have alot of those days so today I decided to list everything I accomplished:

  1. Daily bible reading
  2. Made homemade waffles for Mike & the boys
  3. Cleaned up the mess from breakfast.
  4. Made 2 dozen pumpkin muffins for tomorrow's Church fellowship
  5. Topped the muffins with cream cheese frosting.
  6. Made 1 dozen muffins & and a small loaf of choc. chip pumpkin muffins for home.
  7. Straightened out the house.
  8. Washed a load of darks, a load of lights, the boys comforters, and the bathroom rug which the dog decided to pee on last night
  9. Folded and put yesterdays laundry away
  10. Ironed almost 2 weeks worth of clothes.
  11. Cleaned out the vegetable drawer in the fridge.
  12. Cleaned out half the hallway closet - bottom half that is.
  13. Prepared and baked 2 "Angarsk Hill Casseroles" and froze one.
  14. Prepared lunch for everyone.
  15. Cleaned up lunch mess, ran the dishwasher.
  16. Unloaded the dishwasher
  17. Vacuumed the living room, hallway, our bedroom
  18. Removed protective covering (a.k.a dusted) our room & the dining room.
  19. Prepared and cooked a chicken casserole.
  20. Cooked 2 packages of bacon in the oven, froze 3/4, and left 1/4 out for BLT's tomorrow.
  21. Spent an hour sorting stuff that will go on the boat soon!
  22. Gave the dog a bath.
  23. Disinfected the entire bathtub after said bath.
  24. Cleaned the bottom shelf in big kitchen closet.
  25. Had the boys go through all their shoes/slippers/boots/sandals/sneakers to determine what fit, what didn't and what I need to get for the summer.
  26. Put new comforters on the boys beds.
  27. Spent a half-hour putting away alot of our winter stuff that doesn't fit in the drawers and closets with all the summer stuff that's now occupying them.
  28. Wrote out some checks and mailed them.
  29. Served dinner
  30. Cleaned up after dinner.
  31. Got clothes ready for me and the boys for Church tomorrow.
  32. Wrote this blog.
 While Mike generally helps around the house, he's been super busy getting the boat ready so these days I'm on my own - it just goes with the territory when you own a big but old boat!

Anway, it was only after I put it in writing did I realize that perhaps I DID get a few things done. And while I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have loved to - I  need to be good to myself and remember that I'm not Superwoman and can only do so much. Therefore, I'm gonna reward myself with a long hot bath - in my now squeakly clean tub!

3 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Veronica Lee

WOW!! That's a long list.

Right now, I'm getting catered food - a luxury most Malaysian housewives enjoy. The caterer delivers the food to our house daily. I find that when I don't cook, I do get a lot of things done!!

kate

Just reading this exhausted me. You are AMAZING!

Nicolle

You are an amazing mom and wife!

Isn't it crazy to see a list of what you have done in a day. I did this once. It's nuts!

:)