Friday, August 5, 2011

Refusing to be distracted...

...I put in another LONG day working on the project, and working on simplifying. I think I've thrown away/donated/recycled more during this endeavor than I have in the past year combined.

Spent 10 hours cleaning out, relocating, and reorganizing the two closets. I know, 10 hours on 2 closets seems a bit extreme, but then again, you wouldn't believe how much JUNK we'd accumulated. That time also includes moving toys and supplies from the walk-in closet in what is now Mike's office, so were' talking some serious closet time.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of both closets before I started this project earlier in the week. Here's the best shots that I do have of one of them, however, before the whole thing started:


And here are the mostly finished versions:


The closet on the left contains mostly games & Lego sets as well as the craft supplies I keep on hand for home school projects, and just plain craft time. The one on the left has lots of bins of sorted toys; Geo Tracks, Matchbox cars and tracks, R/C trucks and cars, Harry's ever expanding dress-up collection, etc. The plan is to remove the clothes bar and put two more shelves on the left to make it easier to take bins out/put them away.  The top row is reserved for my scrapbooking supplies and completed scrapbooks.

Updating the totals: Another 2 large trash bags were donated, one more recycle bin filled, and a small bag of trash thrown away.

Progress, progress, progress!

3 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Unknown

You are inspiring me to get up to that school room and get it done. Looking good!

J.

I was so lazy about this room. It was starting to give me MAJOR anxiety. Still a long way to go, but we're in much better shape! Once we get back from camping we'll have to finish up and get back to learnin'!

Nicolle

J, this looks amazing. What a huge project and look at how much you accomplished! This is inspiring! I keep waiting to tackle our master closet, so maybe I finally will.

:)