I'm on a roll here...More top tens..
Top ten reasons I'm thankful today:
1) Hurricane Irene was downgraded to TS Irene before it reached us yesterday, and damage was no where near what it could have been. One fallen tree, a yard full of twigs and branches but nothing big!
2) Not one of ounce of ice cream went to waste while our freezer warmed up a bit during all the on again/off again electricity mess. All THREE 1/2 gallons were consumed. 'Nuf said.
3) The 90-minute workout I received while clearing out the branches, twigs, leaves, etc. from the front yard, driveway and front walkway was more beneficial than a trip to the gym!
4) I didn't need to use the helmets we had handy in case there was a tornado warning!
5) The dog survived the howling wind without any extra prozac.
6) The frame that held the deck canopy (which was ripped to shreds during the storm) continues to serve a purpose. I can now put all my hanging laundry out to dry at one time!
7) I only had to wake Mike up once Sunday night (ya know, by kicking him, like I do when he's snoring) to get him to refill the generator, since power was restored before midnight.
8) All four guys pitched in and got the entire yard cleaned up my mid-afternoon yesterday.
9) I didn't hear one, single, "I'm bored" all day yesterday!
10) It appears the boat will go back in the water today and instead of the 8 day end-of-season boat trip we were supposed to take beginning yesterday, we'll salvage a 4/5 day long weekend after all.
7) I only had to wake Mike up once Sunday night (ya know, by kicking him, like I do when he's snoring) to get him to refill the generator, since power was restored before midnight.
8) All four guys pitched in and got the entire yard cleaned up my mid-afternoon yesterday.
9) I didn't hear one, single, "I'm bored" all day yesterday!
10) It appears the boat will go back in the water today and instead of the 8 day end-of-season boat trip we were supposed to take beginning yesterday, we'll salvage a 4/5 day long weekend after all.
Yup, life is good.

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Yes ma'am, life is VERY good!
:)
Liked your lists! And your preparations were amazing! Since we are in Ohio, we don't have to worry about such things - except when Hurricane Ike came up 3 years ago. We will never forget that! It happened right when we were paperchasing like crazy to get our court date. Glad everything was fine for you and that you got to enjoy some ice cream!
Nice list! So glad you all didn't get it too bad and made the best of what you did get.
Great list! Yep, life is good and praise the Lord!
Post a Comment