A few down
and one-hundred fifty (give or take a few dozen) days to go. Homeschool that is.
After a few weeks of unstructured lessons, we officially began our school year on Monday. Highlights and lowlights from the first day included:
| pancakes for breakfast - a rare occurrence on a school day, so this was DEFINITELY a highlight |
| Morning chores as usual for Skip. A lowlight from his point of view |
| Daily Word Problems. Lowlights for Harry, highlights for me! |
| Obligatory first day photos. Highlight for me! |
| Logic and critical thinking exercises. Highlight for sure! |
| Smencils...funky scented pencils for handwriting lessons. Highlight! |
![]() |
| Awesome Science curriculum! Another highlight! |
The days have been about an hour longer than I'd like, and Harry can't seem to get his chores done in time for us to start at our usual time, but we're still transitioning. We are still only half-way through renovating the class area, and the boys still need adjustable height desk chairs so conditions are less than perfect but in the big scheme of things, I'm not worried about any of that.
Although I know we'll pull it all together, we will definitely be tweaking the schedule for a few more weeks until it seems each boy gets the time they need for one-on-one instruction while the other is working independently.
All things considered, I'd say this is gonna be a great year for learning!


1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Yay! Here's to a wonderful year!
Post a Comment