Funny how a little letter writing can instantly lower your stress levels...
Dear Dodge Durango Driver,
I am totally impressed by your ability to apply make-up and talk on the phone at the same time. I am however, less impressed by your decision to do both while driving 50 mph on a busy city street. If you're gonna use that rear-view mirror the automobile manufacturer put in your vehicle - please do so to check whether it is safe to cross lanes and not to apply mascara. Rear-ending you would have totally ruined my day - and yours.
Sincerely,
White knuckled driver.
White knuckled driver.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dear Facebook,
Thank you so very much for taking the nouns friend and message and turning them into verbs. I mean seriously. My kids have been arguing with me that sentences such as "Did he friend you or did you friend him?" and "I messaged him but he didn't respond yet" are perfectly acceptable.
And don't even get me going on "unfriending" and "texting".
Sincerely,
Homeschooling Momma
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dear woman who is gossiping on her cell phone while sitting on the park bench,
If you had been paying just a little more attention to your two young children, you might have noticed that your 2-year-old just ate a handful of cigarette butts. You might also have noticed that your 4-year-old was gulping a can of AMP that some middle-aged jogger left on the ground.
It's called being an attentive parent. Give it a try. Who knows? You might just like it.
You're welcome,
Middle-aged jogger
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dear Harold Camping,
I'm sure you're a very nice man who only means well. I'm sure you had the best of intentions and that you were convinced your calculations were correct. Seriously, don't sweat it. You messed up big time but it's okay. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not the end of the world. Right?
Truly,
A. B. Leaver


2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Love it. I used to do this once a week on my blog and it was very therapeutic. Might have to revive it.
Hahahahahaha, very funny! Yes, writing makes it all better for me too! :)
Post a Comment