I'm a Good Mother.
Not a self proclamation, but rather, the title of a great little book I picked up this winter entitled "I'm a Good Mother". It's described as a devotional book for the not-so-perfect mom, so tells you why I bought it! Well, that and the fact it was cheap.
Anyway, at school "recess" today I was just about to park myself on the couch and check email while the boys were outside eating watermelon and playing with a new hula-hoop when I spotted the book on the end table. I opened it up to the next devo and read: Today if it rains or snows my child and I will spend time outside. We will stomp in puddles or catch snowflakes on our tongues or bask in the warm sun. We will breathe in the beauty around us.
I nixed the computer idea and went outside with my boys:

6 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
And oh MY!! Are those the frogs the boys bring inside???
I wouldn't just be standing on the couch, I'd be plastered to the ceiling!
No that is one big toad (Skip corrected me - it's not a frog!) I came across while Harry and I were poking around the garden. He's HUGE and def. not the type they had last week!
You are definitely a great mom. I've never seen happier children than your boys.
Harry is one lucky kid!!
Thanks Veronica - sometimes I thinkg I'm a good mother, but way too often I KNOW I fall short of being the mother my boys deserve - but I keep on tryin'!
Yes, thank you God for the gentle reminders...(even the ones that come through Judy) lol
That is sweet. Great post and thanks for the reminder for me too! Love the veggies by the way. That's a haul!
Post a Comment