Sunday, May 10, 2009

Worth the wait...even if it did take four years.

On 30 May 2005, two weeks after Mother's day, we left the US on our first visit to meet Harry. On the very last day of our visit Mike took a picture of me with Harry. Nine-month-old Harry with his bald head and broad smile that revealed four tiny little teeth was wearing a onsie I picked up on our way to the airport. I remember running into Wal-mart for some overnight diapers for Skip so I'd have them on the plane, and saw a display of these onsies right next to the diaper aisle. I grabbed one hoping it would fit Harry and as you'll see below, it fit him perfectly.

At the time I thought the slogan was more than fitting since we didn't know when we'd be allowed to return for him. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would take four years! While the journey took a whole lot longer than we'd hoped for, one thing IS certain - IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT.


Just after Mother's Day 2005


Mother's Day 2009

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Worth the wait... enough said.

Hope your day was all you hoped it to be.

Levi

At this point in my life, I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have you as a mom, all the reasons could take days to list, Harry as much as he loves you, has no idea yet how incredibly lucky he is

kate

perfect.

Hodges Five

How sweet! I love the then and now pictures...and Levi's comment is priceless!