

On Friday, since the sun was out for the first time in a week, literally, I declared it a holiday and thus no school. The boys played outside in the morning (YEAH) while I got some stuff done, then we drove to my mom's so we could take her and my aunt out for lunch. They wore the "Big Brother" "Little Brother" tee-shirts she gave them when we arrived home from Russia and looked really cute in them. The visit itself was a nice change from the normal Friday routine around here, and it was good to spend the time with Grammie. After we ate our lunch, Harry wanted the dessert special they had on the front on the menu but didn't want the ice cream that came with it. Ironically, Skip wanted just the ice cream. So we ordered one and they split it. Worked out perfectly. They were happy and we got to take our time and talk over coffee. Later we went back to her place and visited for a few hours before heading back home to the never ending laundry detail. Since my mother generally does not like having her picture taken, I was glad I was able to get some nice shots of her with the boys.

Today, despite a head cold, I had a peaceful and relaxing day, doing absolutely nothing other than Bible Classes and Church Services. It was nice not having to worry about preparing breakfast, making lunch (that was Mike's job today) or dinner (Devin got Chinese take out for all of us). If there has to be a drawback to the day, I suppose it was the weather. While the sun WAS out finally - so was the wind. Lots of wind. Thus we remained indoor most of the day. We did venture out for a few minutes to take a few pictures with the boys, and the boys played around in the front yard for a bit with Mike while I took a short nap. By then my cold had really been bothering me but 4o minutes curled up with with my relaxation CD did worlds of good, and I rejoined the family feeling a whole lot better. I'm hoping by midweek the temperatures will warm up and I'll be able to enjoy my gift from Levi - a new deck lounger.

Earlier in the day when I walked down the hallway I caught a glimpse of my very grown up looking Harry, in his blue khaki pants, button down shirt, brown dress shoes & plaid sports coat brushing his teeth before church. It's hard to believe that this is the little boy we picked up from Baby Home 2 in Angarsk 3-1/2 months earlier. Not for one minute do I take for granted how blessed I am to have been entrusted with the responsibility of raising this child. For more on my reflections of Mother's Day with Harry, read the next post entitled Worth the Wait or click
here.
The boys are on their way to bed right now, and a combination of the cold and an 8:00 a.m. dental appointmentment mean I will soon be following their lead. It's been a long, yet enjoyable weekend!
6 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Love the pictures!! Hapy Mothers Day!!
I can't imagine why your mother wouldn't want her picture taken. She is beautiful!!!
So glad you enjoyed your weekend. The pictures are great! I love the one with you and the boys and Skip holding the flowerpot.
These are such precious photos.
I love the pictures of your mom and you with the boys. It was worth the wait for this special day!
What a very special Mother's Day...I'm sure one of the best ones EVER!!! I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day.
CUTE CUTE pics!
Post a Comment