Just call me loopy
Yesterday morning I was scheduled for dental work since I have to have a bridge in the back where there's a gap from when I had a tooth pulled as a kid. Since I am a huge wimp when it comes to the dentist, my dentist specializes in sedation dentistry. It's the only way they get me there! Anyway, Levi had the day off and drove me there since I take a mild sedative one before the appointment, which was scheduled for 8:00 a..m. FOUR HOURS LATER I was done. Levi, who was watching the boys for me, picked me up drove me home then left Harry with me as he took Skip to Target to get my pain med prescription filled. When he got back home a half hour later, both Harry & I were asleep on the couch! I slept til 2:30, got up, took a pain pill and slept til 4:30 I was so loopy, I never got off the couch. I took another pill at 6:30 and that was it. I woke up on the couch at 8:00 a.m! Still fully dressed. I remember being awake for short periods, but it's all hazy. Oh well, a day lost! I also have a full blown cold, so I do think that added to my fatigue. I couldn't take anything for it on Sunday because of the sedation yesterday, and only took cough medicine once during my few lucid moments, but it's pretty clear I was out of it.
Today I'm still groggy but coming out of it. Thankfully Levi is an awesome brother to Skip & Harry and is able to care for them as well as I do. He did school with Skip in the a.m., played otuside with them, washed the living room glass, cleaned the entire bathroom, and about a dozen other chores I had on my "To Do" list for this week!
Apparently while I was out cold on the couch, the UPS man delivered something, a town DPW worker came to the door to notify us they'll be paving the road tomorrow, Peapod made a delivery, and the phone rang about a dozen times. Mike came home and made dinner, they all ate and someone apparently cleaned up the dishes. I never heard a sound!
So now I'm trying to get my head on straight so I can go outside with the boys for awhile. Rain is coming after lunch so I really wanna get some fresh air with them before it does. Then we're gonna decide where to go for our end of year class trip. Hey, field trips aren't just for public & private schools!
Oh, and the worst part about the four hour dental appointment is the fact that I gotta go back in 3 weeks once the bridge is done. I have a temporary one now. Ugh. I'm anxious already just thinking about it!

2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
It does sounds like you were out of it for the day. Hopefully you won't be as anxious for the next visit though!! I hope your cold is better.
Rest Judy Levi is wonderful with the boys and Mike you can always count on to get things done. As far as being loopy it can be a good thing sometimes. You get better instead of thinking about the dentist in 3 weeks think of me....I will be coming home.
Post a Comment