Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer days

Since we finally seem to be experiencing "real" summer weather, we picked Grammy up yesterday so she cold spend the day with us. She and I had coffee outside while the boys played on the trampoline and swingset, had lunch on the deck, helped the boys create a chalk city in the driveway, then watched them ride their bikes & Skip's Razr scooter for a long while. Apparently Gram hadn't seen Harry ride his bike since we took the training wheels off about a month ago, and she commenting on how impressed she was with the fact that he was riding so well and that you'd never know he had only been riding without the training wheels for such a short time. I guess she commented SO often that Harry felt obligated to offer to teach Grammy to ride without training wheels. Of course she declined, but he kept asking! Finally he gave up and offered to teach her to ride the scooter. This time, to his delight, she took him up on it: 

2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Oh my goodness! That is just awesome! I LOVE the pictures, especially the one of your mom on the scooter!

Hodges Five

Skip,
I think it is so funny that your Gram was riding your Razor scooter!
I can't wait to see you! When are you coming? We are going on a Disney cruise on September 3rd.
Your Friend,
Evan