You think I'd remember by now...
...that gingerbread houses are made in two steps! Habitually I save the "event" for a day I have a few hours to spend on it and then of course by then the kids are all hyped up with anticipation, and we crack open the box, glance at the instructions, and sigh. Oh yeah, you construct the house (which takes like 10 minutes) then wait for them to dry so you can decorate - which of course is the fun part.
This year has been no exception - carved out the time - got started constructing (Harry was happy to eat frosting since he was only interested in the decorating!) - "remembered" you have to let them harden - found another way to entertain the boys since they "really really" wanted to make the gingerbread houses - and then cleaned up both messes. Perhaps some day I'll learn!
I'm not however disappointed with our choice of kits. We opted for 5 tiny houses rather than one big one. Everybody gets to work on their own. We did convince Levi to make one too so that all 5 would be complete without any fighting over who would get the extra one!
You might be surprised to find out Mike (a.k.a the messy 1/2 of this relationship) managed to be the neatest. Me, I just covered my drips with "snow"!

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
That looks like a lot of fun! I wanted to make these with Boyd this year, but I figured that next year might be better!
by the way, your new layout looks great! I need to add a picture back to my header one day....
Nicolle, I am hoping I've gotten rid of the pop-ups that people said they'd get with my blog...and then I'll add some gadgets !
Looks fun! I totally heart your blog's new look!! It's fantastic!
Post a Comment