Spring boating
doesn't always work out as planned. Last week we headed to the boat mid-week since the forecast for Thursday & Friday was gorgeous.
It wasn't. In fact, it was pretty miserable.
The sun never came out for more than a few minutes at a time.
We got caught up in the worst T-storm I can remember. As a result, the kayak we were towing tried to sink, twice. All the while, the boat was rocking mercilessly while Mike and I attempted to retrieve the kayak and hoist it INTO the boat.
The wind was so fierce, it picked up the dinghy completely out of the water as it attempted to fly away.
I then spent the next two days with a headache and motion sickness - something I never get! Well, almost never.
In between the clouds and rain, and choppy seas, we did manage some smiles. We played lots of cards. The boys are getting really good at Skip-bo, and Mike and I started our annual Canasta contest. (He's winning so far, but the summer hasn't officially started, yet.)

2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
That stinks about the bad weather! The rough water would have scared me silly. I love the pictures, looks like fun in spite of everything else. I haven't fished in years....I love to go fishing!
Sorry to hear about the bad weather! I haven't fished in years too. I think the last fish I caught was more than 30 years ago!!!!
Missed ya, Judy!!
Post a Comment