Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random bits of randomness


Skip lost another tooth yesterday, making his smile just a little bit funkier.  They're falling out just fine, but not growing back very quickly. Last night at dinner he told us that gumming his meatballs seemed to be the most effective way to get his dinner down. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?


Harry asked if we could go outside to catch fireflighters. He was disappointed to learn that since it was 8:30 a.m. we'd have to postpone the venture about 12 hours in order to increase our chances of catching fireflies, but eventually agreed to wait.



Had to leave the house early yesterday to bring Grandma home, so I opted to give the boys "meals to go". Sorta. Gave them both a couple of granola bars and a juice box and herded them into the truck. Grandma gave me "the look" but said nothing. Kids didn't seem to mind but when I told them to buckle up first and then start eating, Harry commented that they couldn't eat yet because we hadn't said grace. He then asked a blessing on our road food and we were on our way.

Been investigating homeopathic remedies for Sabaka's high anxiety over people, dogs, and basically anything that moves within a 100 yard radius of our property. He's becoming a menace - barking at everyone and everything he sees and biting at the curtains when he spots someone minding his/her own business, walking past our house. Found something that helps somewhat, but he's still a lunatic. Decided to go with an in-home dog trainer. I'm told it'll likely only take a few sessions to get ME trained so I can train the dog. This should be interesting.

I told Harry this morning to hurry and get ready because we needed to get the dog to the groomers. A few minutes later Skip came inside and I told him to wash his hands because we needed to leave. When he asked where we were going, Harry quickly replied: "To the broomers".

Accomplished a trip to the grocery store and a Post Office run while the dog was being broomed. I very much dislike both the Grocery Store & the Post Office. 


In my opinion, the only thing worse than spending 90 minutes in the grocery store is loading all the bags into the truck, hauling it all home and getting it into the house without the boys dropping or squishing any of it. But even more daunting is the task of putting the food away. If only eating was optional.

Saw our first three hummingbirds of the season after Mike filled the feeder with homemade nectar. The ready-to-mix stuff we used last year was a big disappointment. Should never have strayed from the  homemade stuff!



Harry announced he would like new vinockalars for his birthday. He said his are "baby ones" and that "things don't really get bigger when you look through them".  Took me a minute, but then realized he was talking about binoculars.


FINALLY caught up with laundry. THAT is a biggie. I hate when I get behind but then it seems it takes forever to be on top of it again. Well today, for about an hour, I actually had an empty laundry chute. It was glorious, but of course, short lived. When I went to close the door to the chute I discovered several towels, bathing suits, and some of Mike's work clothes sitting there, mocking me.  We'll see who gets the last laugh tomorrow!





2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Leanne

Love. I see some bloggers call this kind of post "A La Cart."

Leanne

I mean "A La Carte"