Yummy Recipe!
I found the most yummy recipe for Cabbage Lasagna over on Nicolle's blog and couldn't wait to try it. I finally had all the ingredients I needed today, so, viola!
My recipe is a follows:
Brown a lb of ground turkey, and drain the excess fat. Add one jar of your favorite pasta sauce, some black pepper, Italian seasoning & basil. Stir together and put aside. Meanwhile chop one medium head of cabbage into thin wedges and place them all in a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Pour meat & sauce mixture on top and smooth out the sauce so all the cabbage is covered (to keep it from getting crispy). Cover with two cups of Fat Free Mozzarella. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45 minutes and then sprinkle with some grated Parmesan.
Although they were all skeptical, EVERYONE in the house loved it, and everyone except Skip (who has a cold, again, and hasn't been eating much anyway) had seconds. I don't think anyone missed the pasta noodles, and without them, there's alot less calories.
As Mikey says, try it, you'll like it!

1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:
Mmmmmm!! This looks delish!! I'm definitely going to try this.
Post a Comment