Tuesday, April 12, 2011

School days

People often ask me WHY I choose to homeschool the boys, and depending on the day, my answers vary slightly. Some days it's VERY frustrating, some days it's beyond rewarding, and some days, it just is. I do love  seeing  them learning new things, and the moments when a new concept just clicks, it's a joy to see their little faces. Somedays I could pull my hair out when one (or on the rare occassion both) boy just does not put any effort into the work. I love the flexibility it affords us, allowing us to fit various appointments into our days when needed. On days like today, when we get long overdue warm weather, I love being able to let them play on the trampoline and extend break time from the normal 15 minutes to 30, 40 even 60 minutes.  As you can see, THEY think it's pretty cool too:


 Most of all though I love being able to give them a Christian education.  So, even with the hectic days and the stressful days, it's all worth it.

1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Nicolle

I think homeschooling is awesome. I think parents that do it are so strong. I think Boyd is going to a private Catholic school, otherwise I would consider homeschool....but I am not sure I have it in me! I am sure your boys love the extra play time, and I agree about the Christian education!