Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Life is what happens...

...when you're busy making other plans" - from John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy"

And that's my defense, and I'm sticking to it! For the past 6 weeks I've repeated planned to post, but, in the mentime, life just kept happening. Boat weekends, swimming with friends, family time, housework, laundry, reading (lots of reading), biking, VBS, sick kids, Mike's hectic work schedule, gardening, etc. etc. Life, short and simple. Well not always so simple but you get the idea. 

Today however, on the last day before we start school again (don't panic folks - we don't consider our summer over yet - IT will be over on 28 September in our book, but more on that later) I've decided to get back into the groove. Perhaps it's the reality that this house in general has to begin to become "structured" again so that we can get through another school year, or perhaps it's the cooler (but quite nice) weather, or maybe I'm just done being lazy. In any case, I'm back, like it or not.

And being the OCD person I am, in order to keep this blog chronologically close to accurate, I'll start posting about some of our recent life events, in that order. That means my first post will be a follow-up to my pre-fourth video, with the story of how we spent the 4th of July weekend.   

Of course in between this post and the July 4th, I still have to get out to the garden, make lunch for the kids and make a trip to Target.  But I'll be back today. Really.

1 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Nicolle

Glad you are back! Life does get really busy, i totally understand!
:)