Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kudos to my kiddos

On Saturday, after the trip to the Orchard, we took a short break, then headed outside to face the beast: yardwork. While my boys don't always want to help, if I need them to, they help. While Mike cleared out brush in the back and ran the tractor around what's left of the grass, I set out to to clean up brush in the front. The boys we're instructed to start cleaning the driveway. They sighed. I insisted. They complies. We have so many trees, and so many leaves, and so many acorns that the driveway is always a mess this time of year.

While my house may be small - my driveway is big. Triple wide, and around 80' long - it was no small undertaking, but once they got started, they were into it. They took turns sweeping, shop vacuuming, and raking (the adjacent strip of grass that borders our neighbor's yard.), stopping only for the occasional drink of juice. With only minimal help from me - they cleaned up the whole driveway. Not bad for a 5 & 6-1/2 year old, I'd say! Thanks guys!






****the only downside is, we had a really windy day yesterday

...so let's just say their driveway cleanin' days aren't over just yet!****

3 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

InventingLiz

Such good helpers!

Lisa

Good work boys!

Jane

Wow! That troopers! They did a great job!