Thursday, March 8, 2012

Despite our efforts

We continue to live in a hectic world. Granted we are attempting to simplify, in every way, shape and fashion bu the truth is, habits take time to develop. Alot of time.

These days our evenings are somewhat hectic in that Skip's Swim Team practices take up three of them. Add one evening of Awana for both boys, and our weeknights are shot. The one night that we have off, I try to be a little more creative in my cooking and baking, we attempt to enjoy low key family time. We play board games, we watch family movies, we read more.

While swimming for the regular season is over, Skip was one of four boys selected to represent his division as part of a relay team at the New England Championships and his practice times have shifted. We now have one evening where we double up with Awana, and TWO weeknights where we have NOTHING planned. It's a huge bonus!

On top of that, today we have no schoolwork to do, leaving me with LOTS of time on my hands.  As a friend posted on Facebook earlier, there is a difference between having time and being idle. I love have time but not necessarily being idle. Today and tonight we have no commitments, and, it's a good thing.  I decided to use some of my time trying out some recipes I found on Pinterest.



My first was a success - no-bake granola bars. Filled with peanut butter, chopped nuts & chocolate chips, they are yummy and easy to make. I'll post the recipe in a subsequent post, but for now, I'm going back to finding another recipe to try...and then maybe we'll take a trip to the park and enjoy this unseasonably warm and sunny day!

0 much apprecitated comments from readers!: