Saturday, February 19, 2011

Every once in awhile

I come across a really good recipe that I can't help but share. Today it's Stuffing Topped pork chops. I tried them for the first time yesterday, and everyone raved! Skip, who's not  a big stuffing eater, even ate every bite. They're pretty simple to make too:


4 - 6 Pork Chops

6 slices of dried bread, diced into cubes

1 cup apple, finely chopped

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery, finely chopped

tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

cup of chicken broth

Olive Oil

Soak dried bread in chicken broth, then squeeze out all excess liquid. Mix well with apple, onion, celery & spices to make stuffing. Set aside. Brown one side of chops in large frying pan in 2 tablespoons olive oil, turn over, and distribute stuffing evenly over the 4 chops, cover, and turn cook on low heat for approx. 45 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
 

And here's the finished product, served with mashed potatoes & cauliflower, steamed asparagus & applesauce: 

2 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Veronica Lee

Mmmmmmmmm!!!! This looks delish!!! My family will love this.

Missed your visits, Judy! Sorry, I haven't been around as much as I would love to but I've been cutting down my online time to focus on stuff I've been neglecting.

Have a blesed Sunday!

Nicolle

That looks really good. I've had something similar before and loved it!