Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've decided...

I can't possibly update the blog to reflect everything thing that has gone on here since last October when I began slacking until now any more than go back and redo the past, so instead of playing catch-up. I'll just go forward.

To that end, we're busy, busy here, preparing for a ski trip to SugarLoaf, ME. Mike's boss graciously invited us to stay with them at their place up there, and to ski along with them. While I'm not looking forward to the 5 hour ride each way - I think it will be fun. We've long wanted to bring both boys skiing, and to be honest, since we were so busy with Harry's adoption the last few years, we've done very little of it. The last time we skiied was in Russia, one year ago - at a horrible place in Angarsk, but, it was skiing. And not many people get the chance to say they've skied in Siberia... The boys are both already enrolled in all day Ski Schools. Because of their ages they will be in different groups - but will work out better I think. Skip has skied only a handful of times, so it will be good for him to get some serious lessons under his belt. Harry - well - he has no clue what skiing is but he already says he likes it - but that's Harry!

On the heels of this ski trip is my much loathed jury duty on Monday. Normally I don't have a problem with this "civic duty" but 1) it's in Taunton - a good 45 minute to an hour's ride away 2) it Grand Jury which means I could be made to serve for three months and 3) it puts a serious wrinkle in our homeschooling. Each day there would be a day the boys miss school, and a day they'd have to make up at the end of the year.

So I'm praying I get excused, and that Monday is the only day I'll have to report. And of course, praying I don't break anything on the slopes before then! It's been a few years since I've done any serious skiing! Wish me luck...on both accounts!

17 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Lisa

Oh Grand jury is no good. You know, the ONLY time I ever have had to deal with jury duty was when I was 9.5 months pregnant with Aidan. I got called 2x in the same month. Got excused both times-thank goodness.

Hoping you have the same luck.

Skiing sounds awesome, it has been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long since we've seen the slopes as well. Since before we were married. 8 years. =(

That's one of the 1st thing we want to do when Vlad makes it home. A family trip to CO to see Yaya and Poppy and go skiing.

Veronica Lee

Skiing sounds fun!

Best of luck!!!

Nicole

Happy Friday Follow!

www.myrealreview.blogspot.com

Melissa

Happy friday follow hope you are having a great time today wondering through blogs. stop by my blog sometime and leave a little bit of luv :)

Life Is A SandCastle

Following from Follow Friday, looking forward to your posts:)

Simply Mel

Happy Friday Follow!

Following you now.

mom2ahrj

new follower here from friday follow!
i totally relate to having a crazy few months - hang in there and i hope things get better for you soon - and here's to hoping you get out of jury duty!

Unknown

Cute Boys! My son is eight. Found you on Friday Follow and signed up. Can't wait to read more.

Sarah Coulsey

Happy Friday!! I am a new follower!!

Sarah

sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

joeandbridge

Hi There! I am participating in my first Friday Follow. I have a brand new blog-I hope you can visit! I now follow! Thanks!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.blogspot.com/

Mayra

Good luck!!!


Friday following you. =D

le Chef

Wow, Russia and jury duty. Can't beat that.
New Friday Follower!

Christy

Good luck with jury duty! Happy Follow Friday from a new follower!

MollyinMinn

Nice to have found you through Follow Friday. So stopping to say hello. Love the simplicity of your Really. I will. post. Haven't we all been there?!

Happy to be your newest follower.

MisAdventuresofMomof3

Have a great time on your ski trip! Sounds like fun.

new follower from FF - come and visit me.

www.misadventuresofmomof3.me

Kristi Maloney

Hello,

Happy Friday Follow. I am glad I found your blog. Visiting from Moms Own Words. Please stop by soon!

Kristi

Anonymous

I hope it works out the way you would like. Glad to have you part of the fun of Friday Follow. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/