Friday, September 5, 2008

Pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming...


WE HAVE A COURT DATE
September 29th!
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands;
Sing for the honor of his name;
make his praise glorious. Psalms 66:1-2

That's the really, really, really, really, really, good news!

We are beyond thrilled. Words don't come close....

The bad news is, our lawyer is not available that day. She wants us to ask for a change in date, but since she'll be unavailabe from 29 September til like 24 October, we'd have to ask them to move it up. First that's not likely, and second, it doesn't give us time to get everything done. As it is, we leave here on the 21st, arrive in Angarsk on the 23rd, visit Harry from the 23rd til the 28th, then go to court the next day. There is no guarantee we'll be granted the adoption, as there is no way of knowing. WE ARE THE FIRST AMERICAN FAMILY TO GET A COURT DATE SINCE JUNE 2005. We are the test dummies.... BUT, we are prepared to fight for him. We are leaning towards keeping the date and relying on GOD to see us through. After all, we believe HE is the reason we've gotten this far in the first place. No disprespect to our lawyer, but we believe that as knowledgeable as she is, nothing is possible without God...

So...pray for us! Pray that God gives us the wisdom to make the right decision, and the strength to see this through. Please pray that Skip will be okay. We fear disapppointing him again will have long-tern affects on him, and are chosing only to tell him we are going to Russia to visit Harry, and to ASK the judge if its okay to bring him home. We don't want to tell him we're bringing him home because A) That's not a given, and B) he has had a tough enough time waiting all these years for him, and don't want to have him disappointed again. Please pray that no matter what, Harry will okay. And lastly, please pray that God softens the heart of the judge, and we are granted permission to finally bring him home!

For fear of posting anything that might mess up our adoption, sensitive information & details will only be posted here before the court hearing. Then, with God's help, this family will be free to post publicly about our newest member!

Stay tuned....it'll be an interesting and fun trip...

Many of you know we have a public blog now, (please check it out here) that I post to daily and doesn't require membership/login/pas­sword. If you haven't already, please check out the blog and leave us a comment!

4 much apprecitated comments from readers!:

Debbie

I totally hear you about keeping it low with Skip... after your phone call last night I told JJ what was happening and he started bouncing around "Nathan's coming home - we're getting Nathan" and I had to bring him back to earth... but I am just SO EXCITED for you all!!

Dawn

I'm very happy AND nervous for you all. I will definitely be praying!!

Nicolle

He is precious! Thank you for inviting me to read this one. I will anxiously await more news. You are all in my thoughts and prayers as this hopefully comes to a close very, very soon!

Hodges Five

I SOOO get chills thinking about y'all going! I wish I could go with you!